The Valley Regional Enterprise Network is pleased to announce the release of their new interactive map.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE VALLEY REN’S NEW LAND AND ASSET WEB TOOL
The Land and Asset Web Tool is a free program found directly by entering the URL: www.investinannapolisvalley.ca. The tool is designed to assist new and current businesses in locating real estate available for sale or lease in the region. The map enables users to filter and browse amenities throughout the region (for example: schools, hospitals, attractions, emergency services, etc.).
The map covers the Valley REN region, spanning from Middleton to Windsor and the District of West Hants. Through communication with our municipal partners and local realtors and developers, we will keep the database as current and detailed as possible. Examples are provided to help you navigate the basic functions of the interactive map.
Finding a property
- Below is an example of the map with properties highlighted. Individual properties are represented by the green icons. The black icons demonstrate a high concentration of properties in a certain area.
2. When a property is selected, its name, property type, community, size, price, address, and description will appear. You can click the blue “More Details” icon for further information on the listing.
3. To refine your property search you can select the “Property” button next to the “Map” button. For this search, “Middleton” was selected from the “Community” drop-down list, and “Commercial Building” from the “Property Type” drop-down list.
4. This search provided two successful results. By clicking “More Details” of the selected property, further information about the property is available. To return to your search, use the back button on your browser. For a new search, first clear the existing search (using the clear button next to the search button). Enter the new criteria and search.
Preferred map appearance and features
5. Here you can select the details that appear on the map. This includes roads, community boundaries, land cover, landforms, and water features.
6. Here you can select the appearance of the map, either using the Arc Geographic Information System, Open Street Map, Bing Road Mapping, or Bing Aerial View. In the image shown the Bing Aerial View option has been selected.
Selecting point assets
7. Here you can select from a variety of point assets to view. By clicking “select all”, you view all the types of point assets in the “Business & Tourism” category. These can also be selected individually. There are a variety of icons that represent different point assets. High concentrations of point assets are represented by a blue icon.
8. When a point asset icon is selected, its name, a short information paragraph, the address, a contact number, and a link to the website will appear.
For more information about the Land and Asset Web Tool or for any inquiries about uploading a point asset or a property listing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-678-2200.