Connector Program staff meet with Connectees to discuss their backgrounds and career ambitions to ensure they’re “job ready”. They then match each Connectee with a Connector based on industry experience and professional backgrounds.
The Connector and Connectee meet for 30 minutes in the Connector’s workplace or a coffee shop to discuss industry details, skills and areas of expertise, related news, current market demands and hidden job opportunities in the Annapolis Valley.
Connectors then refer the Connectee to a minimum of three people in their network. These referrals may be potential employers, influential leaders within their industry or others who may benefit from meeting with a skilled professional.
The Valley Connector Program helps newcomers, international and local graduates gain professional networking experience. The program is a simple formalized networking process that matches Connectors with job ready Connectees to help them connect to the local labour market.
Connectors are local business and community leaders who have a strong network. They can often be found making introductions within social, cultural, professional, and economic circles.
Connectees are job ready newcomers & local and international graduates actively looking to launch their career in the Annapolis Valley. They are highly skilled individuals, proficient in English and/or French, legally entitled to work in Canada, and a graduate of a post-secondary program.
Become a Connector
By becoming a Connector you can
- feel a sense of achievement by helping keep talent in the Annapolis Valley
- contribute to greater community engagement
- increase awareness about your organization and industry
- add value to your network by connecting people
- access a talent pool of exception newcomers and recent graduates
Become a Connector
By becoming a Connectee you will
- gather insights into the local job market
- build a strong professional network in record time
- establish connections to improve the likelihood of finding employment
- gain valuable feedback about your job search strategy and career path